TPG Telecom Limited on 20 May
Location: Brisbane – CBD & Inner Suburbs
Sector: Information & Communication Technology – Telecommunications
Job Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE COMPANY
TPG Telecom Limited is a highly successful telecommunications business listed on the ASX. We have one of the largest internet, data and voice networks in the country, and we offer some of the most competitive products in the market to a range of customers including residential, SMEs, large corporates and many government institutions. Our business now has over two million customers and approximately 6,000 employees. We are continuing to invest in our people and our network infrastructure to cater for further expansion of our business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to our organisational growth, we are seeking applications from experienced Telco Fibre Designers to join our National Projects team in Brisbane .
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Fibre design and capacity planning duties;
• Design fibre networks based on Core, Access & Distribution Architecture principles;
• Plan and deploy national fibre optic infrastructure works using underground network;
• Produce fibre network design documents for a large fibre roll-out;
• Support the Sales team with logical design for fibre network proposals;
• Design and mapping of new infrastructure on internal systems;
• Use GIS tools, AUTOCAD, Google and other application systems to produce fibre designs;
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to fibre design or capacity in the field;
• Produce reports for capacity planning works; and,
• Respond to FAA partner technical queries.
ABOUT THE PERSON
The following skills and experience will be required:
• 2+ years’ experience in both internal and external plant fibre optic design;
• Solid experience in fibre design and network planning working with Core & Access Design Architecture;
• Excellent working knowledge of design databases;
• Advance level on Ms. Office application with good computer skills;
• Strong documentation and communication skills (verbal & written);
• Ability to work and interact with people at all levels and meet deadlines;
• Sound understanding of telecommunications physical construction;
• Proven experience producing fibre network design documents for a large fibre roll-out;
• Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Telecommunications Engineering or AutoCAD skills;
• Good knowledge of access network construction requirements;
• Working knowledge of fibre optic deployment requirements;
• Scheduling experience.
For further information about the Company please visit www.tpg.com.au.
No agency introductions for this role.