Location: Sugar Grove, IL
Category: Admin – Computing – Network/System Administration
Application Due: Open Until Filled
The part-time Cable and Fiber Optic Technician reports to the Voice System Support Specialist. This position is responsible for the installation and maintenance of all voice, data and video wiring. In addition, this position assists the part-time Network Technology Specialists with issues and other responsibilities as needed.
- Install and connect telecommunication equipment to the campus network.
- Install and maintain all voice, data, fiber optic and video wire and other cabling.
- Install and assist with phone issues.
- Relocate telecommunications equipment during moves.
- Work with other Information Technology department staff as needed for wiring and telephone needs.
- Provide secondary support for network requests initiated by the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and assist that area with technical help when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years experience in the installation and maintenance of voice, data, fiber optic and video wiring, and cabling required. Must be able to use cable testing and diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of how to terminate cables with proper pinout and test for continuity.
- Knowledge of networks, wiring and computer equipment necessary.
- Experience with phone wiring and PBX systems.
- Knowledge of network communications and wiring standards
- Ability to climb a ladder.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds.
|Contact:||Office of Human Resources|
Waubonsee Community College
|Phone:||(630) 466-7900 ext. 2718|
|Online App. Form:||http://employment.waubonsee.edu|