Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Salary: Award Rates
Work type: Casual/Vacation
Classification: Information & Communication Technology Telecommunications
The successful candidate would be able to demonstrate their experience and knowledge of splicing and testing equipment and procedures, a sound understanding of project requirements and work towards the company’s goals of a safe working environment and quality network builds.
Successful candidates will have the following experience:
- NBN enclosure ribbon fibre joint building.
- Expert skill level in operation of splicing machines.
- Independent use of OTDR and insertion loss testers.
- Fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Compilation of workbooks and other artefacts.
- Team player
- In possession of all appropriate certificates, inductions and licenses
Mandatory Tickets/ Licences:
- Valid Drivers Licence
- White Construction Card
- NBN Safety and Awareness Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- ACMA Open Licence
- Splicing Experience
- Testing Experience
- Telstra Inductions
- Confined Spaces
- Working at Heights
- Asbestos Awareness/ Removal
- Traffic Management
Fibre Services will only consider Fibre Optic Telecommunications Technicians that reside in this location.