As a market leader in infrastructure and engineering services, Downer understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
At Downer Telecommunications, our core business is providing full range fixed line and mobile telecommunication deployment, provisioning and maintenance services to blue chip customers nationwide. We have a commitment to the longterm needs of customers and developing strong, mutually profitable partnerships.
Downer New Zealand is a market leader in the Telecommunications sector in New Zealand. Our National Fibre Team is growing and we are looking for enthusiastic and energetic team members to be involved in our UFB and fibre to the home projects!
As part of our fibre install crew you will be working out in the field to connect homes to Ultra-Fast broadband performing tasks including; Planning, organising materials, updating records and carrying out jointing and installation of cable. The physical activities may involve cable hauling, digging, driving, backfilling, compacting, and fibre cable handling. There will be customer interaction, working in confined spaces, working at heights and various technical components to take part in.
- Full Class 1 drivers licence
- Good communication skills
- Be comfortable interacting with a wide variety of team members, subcontractors and the general public
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces
- Have high energy levels and great enthusiasm
What’s on offer?
- A great mix of technical and physical tasks to be involved in
- Challenging work with an organisation committed to Zero Harm in the workplace
- Excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career
Don’t delay; register your interest by completing an online application by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz keyword search 525066.
We’re WorkSAFE: Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free – all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Closing Date: Tuesday 7th July 2015