The Role: Project Manager (Telecoms Fibre Network Build)
Job type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Home Based but UK wide
Package: £45,000 – £50,000 per annum
We are looking to recruit a number of telecoms project managers to work on a national fibre build programme for a telecoms / ISP service provider.
Working from home, you`ll be working on different project sites around the UK but cost of living away will be met by the company so we are flexible on location but the ideal plan will be for you to be based on projects in your local area.
Your background will be project management in either telecoms fibre network build, utilities or civils and you`ll be able to point to a track record of success within a NRSWA regulated environment.
This is essential, so a proven track record in telecoms civils / fibre build is a must.
You`ll be working in the project team responsible for the network delivery of fibre to the home solutions (FTTH) and you`ll be responsible for the project management of the design, build and delivery of the cables in the group from the DP to customer premises.
This is going to be a fast moving, aggressive roll out so you should be well versed in a similar telecoms environment and you`ll be able to point to a track record of delivering on time and within budget.
You`ll act as the owner of Network Delivery on assigned projects internally and externally and will be responsible for the day to day management of the planning, design and build to the agreed design, budget and time scale.
Skills and Experience:
* Proven track record of the delivery of fibre based solutions.
* An understanding of the project life cycle linked to delivering a national ISP network
* Formal methodology background (Prince 2, PMP) combined with a think on your feet attitude that allows the project to be delivered on time, and within budget. Agile is the example but this is not a rigid and structured environment and you`ll be expected to adapt your methodology to suit the needs of the particular project.
* Knowledge and demonstrable experience of project planning processes, techniques, methodologies, risk and commercial savvy.
* Stakeholder management, negotiation and conflict management skills.
* Ability to manage uncertainty and understand the impact of this on the project; proactive and forward-looking.
* The ability to push back when needed whilst keeping the customer happy.
* Understanding of business drivers and complex organisational designs.
* Knowledge of telecoms business planning and provisioning process.
* Ability to interact with technical engineers inside the business and non-technical customers outside of the company.