The Lead Communications Engineer shall have at least a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in an engineering discipline and minimum ten (10) years’ experience in Communication design, installation and testing. It is preferable that the Lead Communications Engineer have experience in programs of similar size and complexity. The Lead Communications Engineer shall be experienced in fiber optic design, network, and radio systems.
Lead a cross-disciplined team to develop the detailed design for the UOSF communication system. Finalize the UOSF communication architecture which includes: fiber optic, satellite, and terrestrial wireless (TETRA and Marine VHF) voice and data communication networks. The architecture supports security systems and sensors for offshore sensor platforms, onshore sensor platforms, regional security command centers (RSCCs), C2I maritime collection points (MCPs), security patrol vessels (SPVs), and interceptor boats.
- Finalizing bandwidth and traffic analyses for the complete communication system.
- Determine the upgrades to existing communications infrastructure necessary to support the overall UOSF system communications demands.
- Finalize the satellite gateway upgrade design
- Secure the appropriate satellite transponder lease agreement.
- Finalize the fiber optic data network detailed design.
- Finalize TETRA and marine VHF detailed coverage analysis and specify voice communications systems for the RSCCs, MCPs, SPVs, and Interceptor boats.
- Complete submarine composite and fiber optic cable upgrade detailed design for offshore sensor sites that require upgrades.
- Validate communications systems performance impact and complete communication system detailed installation modifications (if necessary) for sensor sites that use existing communications towers.
- Supervise the development of the detailed implementation drawings for installing communications systems on fixed sites and SPVs.
- Lead the procurement, installation, integration, acceptance testing, and commissioning of the fixed site and SPV based communications systems including very small aperture terminal (VSAT), satellite gateway, fiber data network, submarine cable, marine VHF, and TETRA equipment.
- Support UOSF system level detailed design, installation, integration, acceptance testing, and commissioning.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- 10+ years’ experience in Communication design, installation, integration, testing, and commissioning
- Experience designing fiber optic, satellite, and terrestrial wireless (TETRA and Marine VHF) voice and data communication networks
- Experience designing communications architectures
- Experience performing bandwidth and traffic analyses for communication systems.
- Experience design upgrades to existing communications infrastructure
- Experience performing detailed coverage analysis for communication systems between onshore and offshore platforms, vessels, and boats
- Experience designing submarine composite and fiber optic cable systems for offshore sensor sites
- Experience validating communications systems performance
- Experience supervising the development of detailed implementation drawings for installing communications systems
- Experience leading the procurement, installation, integration, acceptance testing, and commissioning of communications systems
- Master of Science degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Experience with complex system Design through integration and test in the Oil and Gas or Energy sectors, preferably with a focus in telecommunications, security systems or instrumentation fields.