Our client is a globally recognised manufacturer, with a long history and proven track record in delivering premium quality products and services to the telecoms sector in Australia and around the world.
On their behalf, we are searching for a Senior Technical Support professional to provide solutions to key internal and external stakeholders. Based in Liverpool, the role reports directly to the Commercial Manager and involves working closely with the Telecom Commercial Team and external customers.
The ideal candidate for this role has extensive telecommunications networks experience, and current ‘hands on’ experience in the Physical Layer (Layer 1) of networks. You will have had lots of practical experience installation experience– ideally you started your career as an Installation Technician and worked your way through a degree to better understand networks and technology as this is your passion.
You will be familiar with telecoms cables and joint closures and be able to describe their main design features, as well as understanding the basis properties of cable materials such as polyethylene, nylon, optical fibre, copper etc.
To be considered for this lead sales support role, you will be of senior calibre and you must have previously head a similar role at management level.
It is essential that you are degree qualified in engineering and you must be willing to travel interstate frequently and to NZ on a monthly basis. Some international travel may also be required.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Provide accurate technical advice, support and product solutions to internal and external stakeholders;
- Build strong technical relationship with key contacts in defined, targeted core customers;
- Produce high level design and costs analysis to compare current and new solutions;
- Work with R&D to fine tune existing products and develop new products as required; assist during product development and trials;
- Facilitate the qualification and approval of new products, materials and designs;
- Assist with product training;
- Be involved in the technical aspect of tenders and major opportunities; liaise with Cable Design and Manufacturing as required;
- Investigate and effectively solve customer product complaints;
To be considered for this role you should possess the following skills and experience:-
- 5 years’ relevant work experience, ideally with demonstrable experience as an Installation Technician;
- A degree in engineering is essential;
- Layer1 network systems experience and installation experience is essential;
- Experience gained with either Telstra, Optus, NBN a construction contractor, a cable manufacturing company or telecom equipment reseller would be highly regarded;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- Able to read, understand and write data sheets;
- Proven success in building, influencing and maintaining strong business relationships at all levels;
- Cost and financial awareness;
- Excellent PC skills;
This is a customer facing role; you will be working alongside a commercial colleague but some commercial acumen would be highly regarded.
Please apply now by forwarding your CV to email@example.com