PCT International is searching for a Product Applications Engineer to specialize in the area of HFC and FTTH field support. The position will provide engineering support to the direct sales teams working remotely across the U.S. This position will be managed out of Mesa AZ and based on an agreed regional location.
Some travel will be required, to manage engineering support functions of sales teams and installed based equipment. The position will work with PCT Engineering and regional sales teams to ensure compliance and performance of PCT equipment. Support designed in operating network’s to include RF / Optical performance in cabling, connectors, nodes, optic passives, house amps, power devices and all equipment found in the PCT product line. The Engineer will also support different levels of design to include design BOM’s associated with sales request. The Engineer will provide engineering support and guidance to all customers i.e. Broadband, CATV, Power and Telephone. This position will also provide high level consultation and lead with engineering to resolve performance or design related issues. The Applications Engineer will represent PCT as a field SEM in all transactions associated with sales.
In your career at PCT International you will be part of a team that supports valued customers providing equipment, innovations and designs. PCT employees are united through exciting career opportunities with a company that is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
PCT is known for its pioneering efforts in the broadband industry servicing the last mile. We are industry-leading and it’s an outstanding workplace. We are looking for a talented professional Applications Engineer to join our team!
Support sales team and assigned regions as the Engineering SME with all products offered from PCT
Provide sales engineering support to customers surrounding design and performance
Working with sales, support and create BOM’s and recommendations as required to support customer needs
Ensure operational readiness of PCT equipment supporting RF/Optical performance and integrity
Serve as the liaison between PCT Engineering and Regional Sales in development, engineering and training needs. Will work with PCT trainers and deliver support to the field and SCTE type of events
Provide customer planning, deployment, testing and certification of all new and enhancement products and services
Assess the performance of the customer’s existing RF / Optical infrastructure, and ensures that capabilities are in place to meet future service demand
Provide overall technical responsibility to a pre-determined group of sales reps
Work with customers to overcome the challenges of certifying plant to their required bandwidth in the last mile or as specified in the agreement
Assist sales and customers in determining capital spend requirements and strategy to maximize technology upon request
Manage or have the ability to perform HFC Technical Performance Audits for assigned systems to ensure adherence to Cox RF and FCC technical standards
Provide technical support and training to address cross functional challenges of all services in the network. Broadband services as related to the provided transport involving PCT equipment.
Collaborate with technology orgs defining and development of OSP equipment. Attend SCTE events and vendor days as required from sales.
Support technology field trials i.e. new HFC technologies, FTTH / FTTC applications, optical DWDM / CWDM and beta testing of new service platforms associated with network integrations.
Support PCT lab by interfacing with system engineers and any associated partner vendors to resolve RF/Optical technology related issues.
Provide guidance towards publishing technical operating specifications and technical requirements to improve network performance. Publishing technical white papers.
Understanding of Customer’s and PCT’s BCP planning as related to support in such times of need. This would include the support of contractors.
Work closely with customers and PCT Engineering with product development to make recommendations the introduction of new products.
Troubleshoot RF/Optical issues surrounding PCT equipment as well as other associated equipment to meet compliance of FCC Proof of Performance and OSP system design. Interface with other engineering teams to monitor and document compliance.
Travel required (75% to 95%) to support job functions with all customers regions and supplier locations.
Work close with customer construction teams to understand requirements and environments of installed devices.
1. 4+ years of management experience in the Broadband, Telco, CATV outside plant environment.
2. 6+ years of experience in related field (i.e., RF/HFC Engineering, Headend configuration and training, RF/Optical signal analysis and troubleshooting, Plant Sweep alignment, Headend/Hub Site operations, etc.).
3. Working knowledge of HFC ISP / OSP configurations including RF / Optical distribution and transmission.
4. Strong understanding of FCC rules part 76 Proof of Performance and QAM requirements
5. Technical expertise to support engineering projects and corporate operating design specification compliance through testing.
6. Ability to analyze and troubleshoot RF, Optical and Data related problems in the network delivering sound engineering conclusions.
7. Excellent understanding of the technology standards and specifications related to RF equipment, transmission systems, CATV systems, network management, IT and monitoring equipment as related to telecommunications systems.
8. Experience with broadband optics, troubleshooting and applications along with understanding of FTTH.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of RF engineering concepts and performance calculations.
10. Demonstrate personality of good customer relations in both sales and dealing with issues surrounding performance.
1. BS/BA in related discipline (i.e. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, etc).or related experience in the broadband industry.
2. Past experience working in a CATV or Broadband operating system.
3. Operational understanding of RF and optical laser transmission techniques, equipment (including an understanding of laser loading).
4. Operational understanding of RF modulation and test equipment associated with RF measurements.
5. Complete understanding of RF spectrum utilization and the ability to provide guidance and proper distribution of content.
6. Understanding of over the air frequencies used in broadcast, and communications transmission.
7. Understanding of performing coax and fiber install to home or businesses