The Unified Communication Engineer role is responsible for the day-to-day management and support for Telecommunications functional area. Unified Communication Engineer will work to ensure the stability and integrity of voice, video and Telecom services for the corporate infrastructure. This is achieved by reviewing, analyzing and administering Telecommunications services and infrastructure.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Ensure escalated incidents and requests are handled within the defined service level agreements and coordination of escalations as needed.
- Manage VoIP, Audio and Web Conferencing solutions user provisioning and services issues with Epsilon and vendor systems.
- Collaborate with management and department leaders to assess near and long term requirements for support and management of Telecommunications services including but not limited to Voice and Data services, Unified Communications, Voice over IP, Legacy PBX, Audio and Video Conferencing, Contact Centers and Mobile Devices.
- Manages orders and inventories for all equipment and services related to voice and data networks.
- Ensures all vendor services are installed and disconnected with in defined SLA’s.
- Responsibility for all Telecommunications projects, design and implementation activities for data center and office moves, additions and consolidations.
- Coordinates Telecommunications functional area with project managers and teams to meet and exceed goals and timelines.
- Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality or coordinates vendor training.
- Recommends process improvements and operation efficiencies related to internal processes and vendor management.
- Serve as a liaison with telecomm carriers (voice, data & wireless) and vendors for new orders, moves/changes and disconnects.
- High School diploma
- College or Technical degree preferred with a focus on Information Technology, Computer Science or Telecommunications
These certificates are a plus:
- Microsoft certifications
- Cisco certifications
- ITILv3 certification
- Must have excellent working knowledge of Local, Long Distance, VoIP, MPLS, and VPN services.
- Experience in managing Telecommunications projects, vendors and services.
- Ability to drive vendor installation timelines and delivery of equipment and services.
- Experience with Unified Communications technologies required including IP Telephony (VoIP), Integrated Directory, Audio and Video Conferencing, Desktop Collaboration, Web Conferencing, Mobile Integration and Contact Centers.
- Experience with WAN, LAN and Security infrastructure required.
- Knowledge of Cisco, Microsoft Lync, Avaya and NEC UC systems desired.
- Knowledge of Polycom, Lifeisize, Cisco and Tandberg video platforms desired.
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent organizational skills along with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint as well as knowledge of other Microsoft products and other software applications. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.