Company: Deutsche Telekom AG, VTI
Locations: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Job level: Professional
Employment type: Full Time – Regular
Application Deadline: 02/21/2019
As Senior Operations Manager – IP & Transport Infrastructure you develop highly complex systems and services for the international IP and transport platforms of Deutsche Telekom across the entire lifecycle. Together with colleagues you develop a vision for the international networks and actively drive the realization. You are responsible for the analysis and troubleshooting of complex faults in those networks. In addition, you are responsible for the introduction of new network components including system validations in lab and life networks. Further responsibilities include:
Development of complex, technical concepts/specifications on systems incl. technology advising also on management level
Monitoring and analysis of the stability, capacity, and performance of network platforms
Manage all incidents to ensure application availability and proper operation within existing processes and infrastructure
Implementation of platform changes such as the transition to new services, maintenance or modernization of infrastructure
Coaching of operations managers as well as consulting management in all technical matters regarding the operation of existing infrastructure
Ensure compliance with security policies and procedures, including internal penetration and vulnerability scans
Development, refinement, and documentation of policies, processes, procedures as well as implementation and usage of those for operations management
Leading complex, overarching optimization projects
You are a dedicated, self-driven team worker and communicate in an open and transparent way. Your experience with agile working methodologies helps you to apply your strong analytical skills for excellent problem-solving.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems or related field and more than seven years of experience in operating international IP and transport networks
- “CCIE Service Provider” or equivalent certification; “CCNA Security” or equivalent certification
- Very good experience in handling and configuration of IP and transport equipment (especially Cisco and Ciena; Juniper, Huawei, and Infinera would be useful)
- Very good skills to visualize complex context and abstract topics for different target groups (up to senior management level)
- The first experience in an agile environment (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Management) preferred
- Strong IP design/architecture know-how; e.g. the technical aspect of a software/application/product/; knowledge of architecture, configurations, integration
- Excellent understanding of how networks are built, how they work, and what can be achieved with their use; ability to transfer and apply this understanding to a task.
- Good knowledge on low lever IP/transport systems and technologies
- Good knowledge of defect analysis’ techniques and tools for systems; the ability of automatically analyzing the behavior of computer codes regarding a property such as correctness, robustness, and safety in order to identify defects and bugs.
- Profound understanding of the end to end processes, functions, interactions, dependencies. Ability to transfer and apply this understanding to a particular task.
- Very good knowledge of methods and techniques of Quality Management.
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
- Deep understanding of network economics, target costing, and cost engineering
- Very good project management knowledge and capabilities combined with strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent knowledge of effective presentation tools and techniques and communication technique
- Very good English and German language skills
Tel. : +49 6151 581 5074
E-Mail : Adrian.Augustini@telekom.de