Job Reference: 0152
Recruiter: Harper Evans Recruitment
Salary: £23,000 to £28,000
Bonus/Benefits: 25 days holiday, permanent health insurance
Sector: IT and Technical
Job Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Contact: Sharon Evans
Do you have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Photonics Engineering or Applied Optics?
If you do, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join a Hampshire based company in a rapid growth phase. This start-up company is based on the outskirts of Southampton and the Production Technician role will offer an opportunity to join a dynamic organisation involved in cutting edge technology. The position offers unique career opportunities and you will be working collaboratively with experienced scientists and engineers on exciting new projects.
Working on multiple aspects of fabrication technology for novel optical fibres, including glass preform manufacture, polymer coating optimisation and optical fibre drawing. Collaboratively working with the development team to assist in the smooth process of design into manufacturing. Typical responsibilities will include:
· Assisting in the development of coating technologies
· Working as a team to deliver the company’s fibre production plan
· Being involved in productivity and manufacturing yield improvements
· Developing and deploying process control tools and analysis of measurement data
· Operating high specification optical fibre equipment
· Working collaboratively with suppliers regarding technology developments and process equipment requirements and improvements
· Being involved in prototype production and early stage manufacturing
· You will be qualified to degree level in: Photonic Engineering, Applied Optics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics.
· Previous experience in optical fibre fabrication would be an advantage but the ability to learn and practical aptitude are considered more important in this role
· Ideally you will have at least two years’ experience in a precision high tech manufacturing environment
· Experience of working in a clean room environment is highly desirable
· Good knowledge of statistical process control methods and their applications
· High level of spoken and written English language
The company offer 25 days holiday, permanent health insurance, and 20% shift allowance.
The role will involve shift work and the shift pattern will be 7 am – 3 pm or 3pm – 11 pm.
The salary offered is £23,00 – £28,000 with a 20% shift allowance.