Experienced Fibre Splicer
Location：Derby (DE1), Derby
Contact: TSS Recruitment
Type of job: Permanent
Note: Recently this advertiser has chosen not to accept applicants from outside the EU.
TSS Solutions are currently recruiting for an Experienced Fibre Splicer on behalf of a contractor within the telent Supply Chain.
This role is based in working in the Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire area
Candidate will be fully fit, with a positive attitude, self-motivated, conscientious and able to demonstrate knowledge and experience within the following skill profile:
Key Duties : –
• Operation of optical fibre splicer and production of accurate test results.
• Installation of optical fibre cable, bundles and blown fibre tubing using fibre-blowing equipment to required standards, including fault finding on existing network.
• Splicing and testing of external optical fibres to the end customer premise in line with time and quality standards.
• Typical work types include blowing fibre, FTTP, DSLAM splicing and spine.
Ideal Candidate to have the following:
• Ability to produce, update and interpret records of daily work logs and data recordings.
• Adhere to all Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental policies.
• Hold an up to date NRSWA Street works Card, CSCS Card.
• Experience working with design schematics, duct diagrams and works instructions
• Preferably hold existing Openreach accreditations or have previous Openreach experience.
• Accreditation’s preferred: N4, N5, N9, A009, J001, N008, A3, A9.
Salary is dependent on experience and at the suppliers discretion.