Fibre Optic Industry
Salary highly negotiable based on experience gained.
A well-established leading provider of fibre optic solutions requires the above to manage and oversee the splicing of fibre optics in FTTH and FTTX installations.
Well known and established leading provider of fibre optic solutions company requires the above to be responsible for:
- Working on large scale projects with multiple outsourced technical teams doing installations.
- Ensuring that project quality criteria is up to standard.
- Facilitating and conducting installations, repairs and maintenance of the fibre optic network / equipment.
- Monitoring operational performance of networks using advanced planning and optimisation tools.
- Testing and fault finding of fibre networks when required to do so.
- Compiling and tabling practicable technical solutions to engineering difficulties.
- Evaluating Contractors on work completed and ensuring Contractors equipment is within specification for fibre optic network installations.
- Inspecting and testing lines or cables, recording and analyzing test results, to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults or malfunctions.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Must have at least 2 – 3 years fibre optic experience or related.
- Must have excellent communication skills dealing with contractors and customers alike.
- Basic excel skills is preferable.
- Must have own transport.
Other benefits include Medical Aid + Pension Fund + Car Allowance or Company Car + Guaranteed or Performance Bonus as well as Profit Share.
Apply online before 28/07/2015.